General Rules and Protocol to Protect Yourself and Others from COVID-19
We are pleased to welcome you to South America! Over the past months, we have been working diligently with our teams in South America, including local health experts and industry partners, to develop biosecurity protocol to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff.
Andean Discovery has put in place preventative measures to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Please read the following information carefully prior to your arrival and let us know if you have any questions.
Peru – Entry Requirements & Protocol
- RT-PCR Testing – Travelers must provide inbound international passengers on commercial flights to have either a negative real-time COVID-19 molecular (RT-PCR), negative antigen test result, or a medical certificate of epidemiological discharge that is no more than 72 hours old after being issued and before boarding the plane. Children under the age of 12 can present a certificate of health issued by a medical doctor in lieu of a negative test. All passengers must also complete an affidavit of health.
- In addition to presenting a negative PCR or Antigen test result taken in the US prior to your departure (within 72 hours of your arrival in Peru), a second antigen test is required in Lima, before you travel to Cusco or other cities in Peru.
- You will be required to fill out a Affidavit of Health Declaration Form 72 hours prior to the flight. If you are a U.S. citizen select “EEUU” from the drop down list of nationalities, and under Document Number list your passport number. This form must be completed for each traveler at least 72 hours prior to your arrival in Peru. Upon arrival, you will submit the document to the Ministry of Health workers, who will also check for symptoms. Please bring 2 hard copies and have an electronic back up stored in your email or a USB flash drive.
- Presenting Symptoms – Upon arrival in Peru, your temperature will be taken. If you present any symptoms of COVID upon arrival in Peru, you will be required to perform a PCR test at your own expense and proceed to quarantine until your results are available even if you present a negative PCR test at the airport of entry.
- Meeting Your Guide in Peru – Due to Covid-19 restrictions, your guide will be waiting for you just outside the main entrance of the airport, holding a sign with your name on it. As you exit the international customs area, please proceed to the nearest airport exit, which is just a few steps away.