There’s something special about exploring a country on foot. You can encounter remote places that most people miss, immerse all five senses in your surroundings and feel a sense of accomplishment when you reach your goal. Andean Discovery has several trips that allow you to explore Peru, Ecuador and Colombia on foot, providing opportunities to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Whether you want to challenge yourself by conquering mountain peaks or would rather have a pleasant stroll through the rainforest, we offer trips for travelers of varying fitness and ability levels. All provide priceless opportunities to wander, breathe fresh air, enjoy the great outdoors and encounter local wildlife.
With Andean Discovery, you can complete one of South America’s most iconic treks on the Classic Incan Trail to Machu Picchu, and even pair it with a more low-key, land-based exploration of the Galapagos. If you’re an active adventurer wanting to get to know the Galapagos through more ways than just hiking, try a multi-sport tour and ocean kayak the coast, hike around a volcano crater and snorkel with (nice!) sharks. Those wanting to explore Ecuador’s jungle gem can elect for an Amazonian wildlife outing complete with canoe and canopy tours or take it up a level with the Amazon to Andes tour. This option will get your adrenaline pumping with whitewater rafting, an exhilarating zip-line and hiking the Incan path near active volcanoes.
Trekkers interested in the biodiverse Colombia can chose the wildlife tour which encompasses a wide variety of experiences from birding to wandering the Coffee Triangle to being dwarfed by the wax palm. More ambitious hikers who want an epic adventure, traveling through rainforests to a mysterious lost city can consider the 27-mile trek that was off the radar of international travelers until recently.
Whatever your interest, Andean Discovery has a perfect walking adventure waiting for you.
- Acclimatize in the Sacred Valley
- Trek on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Enjoy Andean Discovery Tent Camps
- Enjoy land-based excursions in the Galapagos
- Swim with Sea Lions and snorkel
- Explore ancient Inca ruins
- Observe tropical wildlife in the Amazon
- View the forest from a canopy tower
- Watch parrots flock at clay licks
- Ocean kayak along the Galapagos coast
- Hike around an active volcano crater
- Overnight in our Private Galapagos Camp
- Observe one of the highest active volcanoes
- Explore Amazonian communities
- Cruise two miles by canopy zip-line
- Trek to the Lost City
- Soak in tropical swimming holes
- Observe Howler Monkeys
- Birding in the El Dorado Bird Reserve
- Explore the Coffee Triangle
- Walk amongst Wax Palms in the Cocora Valley
- Discover Machu Picchu & Cusco
- Andean Discovery Campsites
- Trek at your own pace