Sales Specialist & Trip Manager
Andean Discovery is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for travel and excellent communication skills, to provide information to prospective guests and customer service during the pre-departure process for booked travelers. Direct knowledge of our destinations, the Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon rainforest, and other key regions in South America, is a plus.
Overview & Responsibilities
As a Sales Specialist & Trip Manager, you will be in charge of managing relationships with our guests by phone and email, starting from the initial contact, answering questions from prospective guests, and responding to travel inquiries by outbound phone calls and email. You will learn about the interests and goals of prospective travelers and use your expertise in these destinations to personalize itineraries that closely meet their interests and schedules.
Once a trip is confirmed, you will provide superior customer service while managing many aspects of the logistics, including securing international and domestic flights, coordinating extra services, adding trip extensions, invoicing, and collecting payments–all while using your direct knowledge of these destinations to closely meet the requirements and satisfaction of our guests. You will communicate regularly with our operations team in South America to oversee all trip components, and ensure a successful journey for our travelers.
- Impeccable communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Growth Mindset and Positive attitude
- Previous Travel Industry experience in sales and customer service
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to handle highly educated clientele who require excellent service and professionalism
- Eager to learn and grow professionally
- Professional, friendly and patient on the phone and via email
- Ability to stay on top of multiple tasks and meet important deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Gmail, Dropbox, Google apps (Calendar, Drive, Sheets)
- Team player and willingness to take the initiative to problem solve independently
- 2-3 years in Sales and Customer Service
- Travel experience in Ecuador, Peru or Colombia
About Andean Discovery
Andean Discovery is an outbound tour operator located in Sudbury, MA uniquely positioned to provide the richest, and most authentic travel experience to Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia. We specialize in these destinations above any other and our passionate staff lives and breathes the Andean experience.
It is a growing company with a fast-paced work environment and we collaborate as a team to customize trips to fit our guests’ interests, curiosity, and their travel style. As stewards of this region, we are dedicated to promoting cross-cultural understanding that inspires travelers, and also serves and honors the interests of local communities.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not submit a cover letter, we will not read your resume. Please, no calls regarding this position.