Machu Picchu & Galapagos Customer Service Specialist
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Maynard, MA
Hours: Full time (M-F, 9-5:30pm)
Andean Discovery is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for travel and direct knowledge of our destinations to assist adventurous couples and families as they prepare to embark on our authentic vacation experiences in the Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon rainforest, and other key regions in South America.
As a Machu Picchu and Galapagos Customer Service Specialist, you will be in charge managing relationships with our guests by phone and email, from the time they book their trips through their return home. You will manage every aspect of their trip logistics, including securing international and domestic flights, coordinating extra services, adding trip extensions, invoicing, and collecting payments–all while using your direct knowledge of these destinations to closely meet the requirements and satisfaction of our guests. You will be in constant contact with our operations team in Quito, Ecuador to oversee all trip components, and ensure a successful journey for our travelers.
- Take booking and payment information from guests over the phone
- Communicate regularly with operations team in Quito, Ecuador
- Answer guests’ questions during the entire pre-departure process
- Communicate with guests via phone and email to acquire important travel documents
- Build elongated itineraries for guests, using templates and company formats
- Reserve flights directly from airlines in accordance with guests’ itineraries
- Use in-house CRM to manage guests’ documents and upcoming tasks
- Continuous monitoring of trip quality and guest satisfaction
- Communicate with Sales and Operations Departments to ensure the needs of guests are being met
- Assist with other team tasks outside of customer service as needed, including answering calls from prospective travelers
- Follow-up with guests upon completion of their trip, to maintain relationships and facilitate referrals
- Positive attitude
- Previous experience in customer service (preferably in travel industry)
- Impeccable communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Attention to detail and superior organization skills
- Ability to handle clients who require excellent service and professionalism
- Professional, friendly and patient on the phone and via email
- Ability to stay on top of multiple tasks and meet important deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Gmail, Dropbox, Google apps (Calendar, Drive, Sheets)
- Team player and willingness to take the initiative to problem solve independently
- 1-2 years in Customer Service
- Spanish language proficiency not required, but a plus
- Experience working on Mac computers
- Eagerness and creativity to post on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog)
About Andean Discovery
Andean Discovery is an American-Ecuadorian owned travel company in Maynard, MA uniquely positioned to provide the richest, and most authentic travel experience to Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia. We specialize in these destinations above any other and our passionate staff lives and breathes the Andean experience.
It is a fast paced, multi-cultural work environment and we work as a team to customize trips to fit our guests’ interests, curiosity, and their travel style, and we take them to little known places not found in the guidebook — providing nuance and insider access at even the most popular of landmarks. As stewards of this region, we are dedicated to promoting cross-cultural understanding that inspires travelers, and also serves and honors the interests of local communities.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no calls regarding this position.